HOW DO I SPONSOR A CHILD?
Just click here to see available children. Pray that God would lead you to the perfect child for your family.
HOW CAN I CONNECT WITH MY SPONSORED CHILD?
You can send LETTERS AND PICTURES to your sponsored child. (You may also include a NKJV Bible). On the front of the envelope, write your child’s full name, PCM number and school. If you are unsure of this information, please contact us. You can write your own letter or use our Online Letter Writing Tool at the bottom of this page.
WHAT DO I SAY IN MY LETTER?
We have letter writing tips and ideas to help start a conversation with your sponsored child. And please make sure to include the following information in your letter.
- Your first and last name.
- Your child’s PCM number.
- Your child’s complete name.
- Do not include any of your contact information (i.e. address, email, Facebook, etc).
Letter Writing Tips
Letter writing in our culture is a lost art. For many, a hand written letter is a labor of love, but we want you to know it is worth it! Send a letter through our online Letter Tool or send a handwritten letter and address to PCM. We will make sure your child receives this precious correspondence from you.
- Letters don’t have to be long.
- Print out a world map to send with your letter to show your sponsored child the distance between you and them
- Write about topics your sponsored child is familiar with, like family and activities you love.
- Talk about your favorite memories. Talk about your childhood.
- Share funny stories.
- Include photos of everyone. These are treasures to your sponsored children.
- Tell your sponsored child why you’re thankful for them.
- Print/write out and send a Bible reading program along with a NKJV Bible. Ask your sponsored child to follow along with your family by reading the same passages.
- Send a Scripture memory schedule along with your letter. Ask your sponsored child to follow along with your family by memorizing the same passages.
- Research the different plant (trees, leaves), animal life, etc. in your area and in Uganda. Take pictures of the things you locate in your area that may be different from their country and send to your sponsored child.
- Draw or paint on a flat canvas a family tree with your family’s names and your sponsored child’s names.
- Write a prayer for your sponsored child.
- Plant tree or flower bush in your yard for your child and update them periodically with pictures as it grows or blooms.
- Bring a pic of your sponsored child with you around for a week taking your own pictures and notes to show them what your life looks like or even do this on vacation.
Take the stress out of letter writing by utilizing some of our conversation starters below! Be sure to share the same information about yourself or your family as your sponsored child desires to know more about you.
- Who do you admire? Why?
- How did you get your name? What does it mean?
- How did you come to know Jesus?
- What was your favorite part of school?
- What is your typical day like now?
- What do you like most about your village?
- What are some interesting facts about your country and district?
- What are some holidays that only Uganda celebrates?
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- What’s your biggest challenge at the moment?
- What are you learning right now?
- What’s one of your favorite Bible stories or passages? Why?
- What are your closest family members like?
- What is your biggest challenge as a family?
- What do you hope the child will learn about God or spiritual life? (This could be a truth or skill.)
- What do you appreciate about this child? (Comment on recent letter, the child’s prayers for you, artwork in a letter, smile in the photo, or something else.)
- What do you want your sponsored child to remember when facing discouragement?
- Share a prayer request.
WHY SHOULD I SEND REGULAR LETTERS?
Writing your sponsored child sends a POWERFUL MESSAGE that you LOVE THEM AND BELIEVE IN THEM. It’s beautiful to see the children’s smiles when they receive letters from their sponsors. They feel loved by their sponsor families. They feel valued.
HOW DO I GET A LETTER TO MY CHILD?
Here are the ways you can get your letters to us:
- Drop your letter off at our office located at 200 North Beckham in Tyler.
- Mail your letter to Parental Care Ministries, P.O. Box 131166, Tyler, TX 75713
- Submit a letter and upload your photos at the bottom of this page using the Online Letter Writing Tool.
IF I LIVE IN TYLER,TEXAS ARE THERE OTHER DROP-OFF LOCATIONS?
Yes! Drop your letter off at The Burks Team REMAX office located at 1698 W Grande Blvd, Tyler, TX 75703. Their office hours are: Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 5:50 pm; Saturday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
WHAT ABOUT CHILDREN WHO DO NOT HAVE A SPONSOR?
If you want to bless these kids, write a note of encouragement or a scripture verse on an index card. You can add stickers or decorate it. The children love this!
ARE THERE OTHER WAYS TO BLESS MY SPONSORED CHILD?
If you want to bless the children at the PCM schools in another way, we are collecting TOOTHBRUSHES AND TOOTHPASTE that will be distributed to all the schools. Please package these items separately from your letter.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT DONATIONS?
Do not put any checks or money in the envelope that has your letter in it. Send any donations in a separate envelope or give online.
WHO DO I CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 903-526-0499.